Monday, April 18, 2011

Why I buy backups like a hoarder

Actually, I'm pretty much a hoarder.  I can't throw away paper bags, plastic bags, packaging, empty bottles of makeup/hair stuff and anything that can have the least bit of use because I simply will not waste anything.  My closet consists of clothes that I have kept since 3rd grade and yes, I still wear them.  I actually haven't thrown out or given away any clothes since 5th grade.  I know that sounds bad, but trust me, my parents won't let me.  It's not completely my fault.

Now I have backups of everything because A) I don't like the feeling that one day I'll run out of something and will fall in desperation because it is an everyday necessity, B) things go on sale when you least need them, C) I am on a mission in finding my holy grail product, or D) it makes me feel good that I have a collection of everything girly.

My reasons may seem unreasonable to some, but you can't deny the fact that one day, one day, you will run out of something you use everyday.  Let it be deodorant, shampoo, lotion, whatever you use on a daily basis. I like security in my life which is why I need backups of everything.

Oh and here is another reason:  Companies are discontinuing products like crazy because of the recession.  My favorite waterproof mascara was discontinued, so was my favorite primer, eye brow gel, and one of my favorite blushers.  Once you have found a holy grail, it can not be replaced because it is a holy grail and none other will be better.  So in the chance that my holy grail items will be discontinued, I back it up baby.

Tip to all makeup hoarders: If you buy a backup of something, DON'T USE IT until your opened copy is done.  Trust me on this one; makeup expires.  When I was first starting out, I had 25 mascaras open at the same time.  Yes, 25.  A mascara expires 3-6 months after it has been opened.  It takes 3-6 months to at least finish 1 mascara if used on daily basis.  So take my advice and try not to have too many liquid/cream products open at the same time.  Liquids expire faster than powders because bacteria grow easier there.

No comments:

Post a Comment