Friday, April 22, 2011

Top Perfume Picks

I have a pretty decent stash of perfumes as you can see and here are some of favorites:



1. Juicy Couture - I bought this perfume online before I had even smelled it for the first time.  At the time, I had $300 dollars to waste on whatever I wanted (I made $2,000 from blogging) and I decided to purchase my very first perfume.  And of course, it had to be Juicy Couture because that was what most girls aspired to be made of.  So silly little me, opened up the package thinking that it was going to smell like heaven, woke up to a sickening floral overkill and headed off to the dentist.  And I mean that quite literally.  It took me a while to realize that I was actually in love with Viva La Juicy instead of Juicy Couture and that I had purchased the wrong one thinking it was the same thing.  So for half a year, I tried to love this perfume, I tried so hard and then I just gave up on it.  It just smelled so sickening.  I left this alone for a year and then finally, I tried it again and feel in love with it.  They say perfumes go bad after a while, but this one went good.  I don't know what it is about this perfume, but it is my absolute favorite.  After the floral top notes, I get this warm caramel that I just can't get enough of.  Thank goodness I bought the 3.4oz.  The necklace is pretty cute too.  I wore it to prom.  Oh and don't buy the body sorbet.  It smells even more disgusting than when I first got the perfume.

2. Versace Bright Crystal - Like I said, I fell in love with Viva La Juicy 3 years ago.  By the time I purchased it, every single person had it.  I've always been one for nonconformity and to wear the same perfume as half the girls around just wasn't for me so back to Sephora it went.  Out of the Sephora fragrance sampler that I received as a gift, was also a sample of Versace Bright Crystal.  At the time, I tried I liked the smell, but didn't love it.  As time grew on, I started to fall for it.  One time, I went into Macy's and sprayed myself 15x with Bright Crystal and the car and everything around me smelt divine. And that was when I fell in love with Versace Bright Crystal.  If you are looking for a more sophisticated version of Viva La Juicy, get this baby. It is more clean and less sickening sweet, but still with that delicious touch of Viva La Juicy; I've actually been called on for wearing Viva when I was wearing this.

3. Bath & Body Works Carried Away - Definition of delicious.  I have the entire collection minus the body butter.

4. Thierry Mugler Womanity - One of the most intriguing perfumes ever.  It smells so freaking fresh, it is unbelievable.  This perfume has notes of salt and caviar.  Salt = vacation at the beach. 

5. Christian Dior Miss Dior Cherie - This is my "night" perfume.  I don't go out much at all but this is what I would wear.  It smells woody so I classify it as sophisticated and formal.  Some say that it is a sweet perfume, but honey, there is nothing girly about this one.  I've been eying this perfume since 4th grade.


I also very much like Aquolina Pink Sugar, Juicy Couture Peace & Love, Beyonce Heat Rush, Givenchy Ange ou Demon Le Secret, Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia and Benefit Laughing with me Lee Lee

FTC: I won Womanity from Teen Vogue in a sweepstakes.  Bright Crystal was a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment