Thursday, March 31, 2011

Review: Forever21 in general

For the last 2 years, Forever21 has been the #1 most shopped at store for teenage girls.  Although the prices and fashion fit everyone's book, the quality does not.  I do admit that I have spent hundreds there but it doesn't mean that I love the store.  I absolutely have that place but I'm a slave to it.

Obviously, there are many cute finds but there are also many horrendous finds.  Some of the stuff I have seen are hideous and a lot of it can be hard to pull off.

The cut of their clothing sometimes is really funky.  Sometimes things are too short, too long, too big, and too tight.  There is never a definite size.  If you have a large bust for you size, you most likely will find that their clothes will make you look like you have 2 sets.  However, if you go up a size, the shirt would be too baggy and doesn't hug your waist properly, making you look 5 pounds larger.  I have just learned to get a size bigger when its not stretchy and just cinch the waist in with a belt.

The pants/jeans they sell also run short which is perfect for shorter girls like me. However, it doesn't work out for everyone.  Also, I don't suggest buying the $9.50 jeans because they are scratchy and they are mostly polyester so they're not nearly as warm as regular jeans.  If you do have to purchase them, make sure you smell it first, if it smells like factory, don't get it if you don't like the smell; It does not come out no matter how many times you wash it.  I've had one pair for about 1.5 years and I wore them a lot but the smell still remains!

Since the prices are pretty low, the buttons do come off and the stitching is not perfect.  I have had 3 buttons come off of 2 shirts in total but it is good that they always come with backup buttons.  One thing I have noticed that the store does is that they lure you in with their low prices and have 2 of the almost exact same things for $20 in difference.  I have just learned to not buy any shirts there for over $25 because there will always be something of the same for half the price.  Over the years, they have jacked up the price for clothes and have had less for bargains.

I don't suggest buying shoes there for anything over $25 because it is a rip off.  Forever21 and Charlotte Russe actually purchases their shoes for companies like Bamboo for dirt cheap and then puts their logos in them and jack up the price $15.  If I see a shoe I want from those stores, I'll just check Makemechic because they will have it for so much cheaper.  Also, the soles of the shoes will not have good tract usually, so just buy shoe pads.

My favorite thing about Forever21 is their jewelery section.  It is dirt cheap and the metal does not turn your skin green as easily as Charlotte Russe's do.  They have just about every single style on earth for bargains. If you haven't checked out their jewelery section, please do so!  They have great items for $1.50.

My least favorite thing about Forever21 is absolutely their return policy.  You have 21 days to return something and when you do, you only get store credit.  If you don't have the receipt, they won't take it.  If you don't have the receipt, but you have the receipt number, they still won't take it.  You can not return jewelry unless it is defective and you have to have the tags attached.  You also can not return sale items.  It is absolutely ridiculous.

Overall, I hate Forever21.  It eats up my money and I always have to spend hours in order to find something good.  If I do but don't have the money, they only hold until 9 PM of that day.  If you try to call them to hold something, their sales associates will never find whatever you're looking for.  If you don't pick up something you want the day of, I can tell you that 80% of the time, it will be gone in 2 weeks.

As a shopaholic, I am proud to say I have not been in Forever21 for about 2 months

No comments:

Post a Comment